[HECnet] Here there be dragons...

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 08:51:21 PDT 2020

Yes, it is disappointing, but one has to remember that HECnet is a
'hobby', which usually implies a few things:

 1. If you are working with these protocols, then you have a certain
    amount of talent.  That means you are in demand to work on other
    technical issues.  Like fixing an Office installation...
 2. Where the domestic sphere exists, one ignores those requests at
    one's peril.
 3. Work done here either does not immediately generate revenue or (more
    likely) doesn't generate any revenue at all.
 4. Job.

So it's completely normal for people to get interrupted for days or even
weeks at a time (or months).

It sadly happens; that's today's life.  Even assuming 3. or 4. were not
of any concern, 1. & 2. can blow a lot of time.  I'm thankful for what I
can do, but not finishing things IS annoying...