[HECnet] Question for PyDECnet users

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Sep 24 17:13:08 PDT 2020

> On Sep 24, 2020, at 7:56 PM, Robert Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:
>
>> Peter suggests a configuration option.  That's easy as a global setting,
>> and just about as easy on a per circuit basis.
>
>  It seems like the option to disclose my IP would have to be on the end
> that I'm connecting to.  In other words, the other guy has control over
> displaying my IP, not me.  As I said I don't mind, but this might not be
> what people expect.
>
> Bob

Yes, that's true.  The primary parameter of interest is the remote address, so control of whether to expose that would be at the other end.

I do have documentation, even though I admit it's not as clear as it should be.  (Comments etc. on the documentation are welcome just as comments on the software and functionality are.)

	paul