[HECnet] PyDECnet

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 10:21:24 PDT 2021

Correct.

I'm sorry, I guess I made things confusing.  My comment was in response to Johnny's observation that those upgrading from long-ago versions would also see a bunch of other improvements and new features.  Yes, but also if you go back far enough you may need to tweak your DECnet config file.

I should have been more explicit.  And I'll also try to make sure that when I put out a new version that does include a need to change any settings or the like (i.e., something worthy of a CHANGES.txt entry) it will go out with a note in the annoucement saying so.  In other words, you should be able to rely on "if I didn't say anything to the contrary, a new version is compatible with the previous".

	paul