[HECnet] Younger generations

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Apr 21 11:14:51 PDT 2021

On 4/21/21 2:12 PM, Keith Halewood wrote:
> With what was going on about RT11, I showed a much younger colleague some of the conversations on this list.
>
> Let’s just say that I fear for the future of the human race.

  I share your concern.  Why don't you try to get him interested in the
vintage stuff?  At LSSM, we've found that a great many of the younger
folks actually do get interested, when they take the time to see just
how cool things used to be...which usually translates to "when someone
like us takes the time to show them".

  We've also found that many younger folk appreciate the elegant
simplicity (relatively speaking) of vintage systems.