[HECnet] Reading RT11 files under Windows or Linux

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Wed Apr 21 12:11:01 PDT 2021

> Steve Davidson <steve at davidson.net> wrote:
>what hardware do you have that you can connect the RX01/02 or TU58 to?

  The hardware in this case is a home brew T11 design that I've been playing with.  It has a TU58 (or rather, a serial port for a TU58) and an IDE interface.  There's no RL or RX - those exist only on the simh that I use to build test images for it.

>I keep a MicroVAX-II around to allow imaging RX01/02/50�s, RD5x ...

  I appreciate the offer, but I have plenty of real PDP11s and VAXes here.  Development on the T11 board is a somewhat, well, iterative process and constantly moving files around real machines is time consuming.  I'm aiming for a development tool chain that runs on a PC.

>Anyone have an RC25 unit?

  As it happens, I have two RC25s - one tabletop and one "bare" drive intended for a 11/725.  None of them work - I don't think these guys ever worked!

Bob