[HECnet] Reading RT11 files under Windows or Linux

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu Apr 22 08:03:54 PDT 2021

>Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>  We have an 8250 at LSSM.  I don't know if it's capable of loading
>microcode patches from console media, but I can tell you that it doesn't
>require console media to come up.

  There's an 8350, DIVISI, on HECnet but I don't power it up much.  Can't remember if I ever tried booting it without the console diskette.  It has some interesting features, being both a dual-CPU system and also the smallest BI bus VAX, but other than that it's just not all that exciting...

  Oh, and it's super annoying to work on the BI bus card cage, since you can't run it with the cover off.  It has airflow sensors and it'll shut down if you remove any of the chassis skins.

Bob