[HECnet] Reading RT11 files under Windows or Linux

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Apr 22 13:23:36 PDT 2021

On 2021-04-22 21:04, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 4/22/21 10:53 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>>>     I wish there were more of them around. :-(
>>
>> Well, Update have two of them. One can start with the turn of a key. The
>> other one can maybe get to running condition, but would require some work.
>
>    Definitely worth resurrecting.

The main problem is that the fan mechanically broke. Someone good at
welding would need to look at it, and I think it needs pretty careful
balancing as well. So that is a bit of an effort.
And then we don't have that much memory for it. The primary machine have
60MB in it. I think we only have 4 or 8MB left for use in the second one.
But apart from that, I think it's all fine.

>> The biggest problem right now is that the cooling is broken, so we even
>> had to turn off the 11/70, and it seems next year we might not have any
>> location anymore... :-(
>
>    Well that seriously sucks.  I hope you have a home for all that hardware.

Me too. Trying to sort that out. Otherwise I might end up just taking
the most fun parts to my house...