[HECnet] req for assistance: is snmp blocked for some / all ? does it work?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Dec 1 07:34:05 PST 2021

I'm sortof considering it. I can certainly do SNMP agent and client for
RSX. Probably skipping some of the horrors in v3.

But I'm still left with the problem that when I look at something, and
start following the path of packets I'll get to a Cisco box, and the
only thing I have is the DECnet node number. I don't have any way of
talking SNMP based on that information... Unless the Cisco box actually
talks SNMP over DECnet.

   Johnny