[HECnet] Oldest VAX/VMS for VAX-11/730 on HECNET

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:58:19 PST 2021

We installed 4.2 on the 8600 at the British Geological Survey at Keyworth, so from

http://nora.nerc.ac.uk/id/eprint/4670/1/BGSPresentation.pdf

"Oracle first introduced to BGS in 1983 running under VMS 4.2
on a VAX 8600 computer with 12Mb memory, 2.7 Gb disk
space. User Interface was Oracle Forms and SQLPlus"

Dave
G4UGM