[HECnet] Wanted: details on "system specific" NICE messages

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Dec 15 17:15:27 PST 2021

I'm thinking it would be nice (in the tools with PyDECnet) to be able to do not just standard NICE requests like any other NCP, but also system-specific ones.

I can find out what the RSTS ones look like, but I don't know about other systems.  I'm pretty sure that both VMS and RSX have system-specific requests, SHOW and/or SET, for things like network objects or logical links and perhaps other stuff.  Is there documentation that describes these?  Does anyone have information handy?

A few days ago VMS listings (from fiche) appeared in Bitsavers, and I suppose I can try to read NCP listings that are in there.  Chances are they are in BLISS which I don't know at all...

	paul