[HECnet] DECnet-VAX V3.0, VMS V3.5 (Was Re: Oldest VAX/VMS for VAX-11/730 on HECNET) --> Supratim:vms/decnet 3.5 poisoned?

R. Voorhorst R.Voorhorst at swabhawat.com
Thu Dec 16 15:56:03 PST 2021

Hi Supratim,

These tapes can be attached to the simh tdc# devices, read on Vms as Dda0: etc, and behave as disk as expected. Functioning on simh Rq (Vms Dua/b) is kind of a fluke.

It looks like the decnet on vms 3.5 is poisoned by phase-IV pieces as Ethernet components are present and component versions in sh exec are not on phase-III levels.  Is there an original distro for Vms 3.5 with original Decnet 3.5?

Analyse/image on the netacp reveals a lot of patching been done on that program and more then netrtg31 itself does and as it carries version 2 the original is likely not there anymore.

Reindert