[HECnet] PyDECnet File Transfer Support?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Wed Dec 22 11:55:40 PST 2021

Are there any thoughts about adding file transfer capabilities to PyDECnet at some point in the future? If a pyDECnet node could implement a FAL server to share a directory and/or offer a way to copy files to/from other nodes over DECnet, that would be really cool. I think it could make a very nice option for moving files between DECnet nodes and modern systems without needing to wrestle with Linux DECnet drivers or install TCP/IP on the DECnet nodes. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, or if there's any way I could contribute.

I'm imagining a silly future in which there is a native Python implementation of an entire RSX-11 or VMS system. :)

While I'm here... is this mailing list disappearing soon due to the Update eviction? I plan to chip in for an Update membership for 2022.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
https://www.nf6x.net/