[HECnet] PyDECnet File Transfer Support?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Dec 22 12:19:59 PST 2021

On 2021-12-22 21:17, Mark J. Blair wrote:

>>> I am not, either. It's a half-formed silly idea.
>>
>> Well... Any idea, no matter how silly, if it includes RSX, I want to hear about it. :-)
>> So, what was/is the idea?
>
> I already told you the whole concept! :D A VMS-like or RSX-like shell environment, but implemented in Python and running on any old modern system. It probably doesn't even make sense, but I hope somebody does it anyway. :)

Hmm. I must have forgotten.

But a shell like MCR or DCL should be doable. But it would be a lot of
work if you want the solution to be more than skin deep, since all tools
and environment is so different. You'll have to basically write every
command and tool to fit in as well, and use nothing of the "modern"
system beyond the kernel itself.