[HECnet] DECnet/m+

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Dec 22 14:12:35 PST 2021

On 2021-12-22 23:09, Paul Koning wrote:

>>> Where is that kit?
>>
>> MIM::KITS:
>
> Found it.  The readme file says it's a "virtual tape file that can only be used under RSX" -- how do I use it?

Copy the file over to your RSX system. Then you use the RSX virtual
device system.

VCP CON <file>/TAP

will give you a device name back, and then you mount and play around as
usual.

VCP DISCONNECT dev:

will then drop it again.

However, be aware that DECnet file transfers might mangle some file
attributes, in case you will need to add /ATT:TU81 or whatever to tell
VCP that this thing should have the attributes of that device type.
Add /SAVE to restore this back to the file attributes.