[HECnet] Looking for old version of VMS

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Sat Feb 27 12:52:29 PST 2021

I think that the MicroVAX I was only officially supported for some limited range of versions, possibly the ones you mention.  However, I'm pretty sure that I ran versions beyond the ones you mention on mine and I'm quite sure that the hardware specific pieces of the VMS were never removed.

Try the latest VMS version.  The small memory might require some limited system parameters.  The distribution media that the came on (a ton of floppies) isn't useful or practical, but on a simh MicroVAX I simulator can install from CDROM.  MicroVMS was only a subset of VMS to reduce the size of the necessary floppy set and limit space consumed on the relatively small disks that were supported.  I always ran full VMS on mine.