[HECnet] Thousands of DECnet errors on Tops-20

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 21:18:30 PST 2021

Unfortunately, in all the monitor sources, I only see the abbreviation
'DDP', no spelling out of what it is or what it does.  I didn't
immediately find an obvious driver.

Under the Tops-10 SMP conditional, checking is done as to whether a
particular device can be used, depending on what physical processor it
is actually connected to. If the processor doesn't own the circuit, then
the request is queued up for the processor that does.  The sole case is
a DDP, which is apparently not CPU dependent.

I have no idea what that could be.