[HECnet] No connectivity to arsgea 4

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:41:32 PST 2021

Yeah, I would be interested in hearing about the failure mode, too if
you know it, Mark.  I was interested in getting one of these to handle
some odd things that need getting done, probably the new 8 GB model.

10 years used to be nearly unheard of for retail machines with moving
parts.  When nothing is moving, then supposedly there is nothing to burn
out.  I have a laptop from 2000 that I replaced the disk with an SSD and
it still boots fine (great for regression testing.  Another two date
from before 2010 and have SSD's; no problems there, either.