[HECnet] RPM on HECnet

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jun 13 15:32:24 PDT 2021

In case someone is using RPM on HECnet, and using DECnet as the
transport protocol, you need to update your configuration of RPM.

The reason is because I moved the RPM repository directory to a new
place. In order to avoid any similar problem in the future, please use
RPM$DIR: instead of LB:[RPM] which was previously the suggested default
when accessing MIM::

You can change your configuration using RPM CONFIG, or edit CONFIG.CMD
in your RPM directory. If you edit the file directly, it is the USER
variable that should be changed.

If people are using RPM with TCP/IP as transport, no changes are needed,
and all should work without any disruption.