[HECnet] RPM on HECnet

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 13 18:08:38 PDT 2021

  Well I'm certainly interested.  Even if Oregon Pascal is better, I
have a personal attachment to Swedish Pascal.  I installed it on my
first PDP-11 (the 11/34 that I'm sure I've told you about) when I was
16.  That was, wow, 36 years ago.  I really liked the compiler, and in
particular its extensions over standard Pascal.

  I actually ran across Seved Torstendahl on Facebook a couple of years
ago.  I told him about my history with the compiler, the museum, etc and
that, basically, "someone still loves it".  He was quite amused, but he
didn't seem too interested in reliving the good old days.

             -Dave