[HECnet] Area 60 offline

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Wed Jun 23 22:12:13 PDT 2021

I’ve taken down the VAXstation 4000/60 that is my area router, and am preparing to shut further hardware down.  For the next week the weather will be brutal.  We’re supposed to get up between 107-111F this weekend, and the one day the low is supposed to be 77F (I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that in Oregon).

I hope to be back online by next Wednesday or Thursday.  I also hope to take the opportunity to replace the RTC chip in the VAXstation 4000/60, once it starts to cool down, and prep it to move to SCSI2SD (currently runs from a BA350 shelf).

Zane