[HECnet] DECnet map, was Re: DECnet/Python

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 10:11:31 PDT 2021

Yes, that's a typical issue.  Or DNA-compliant equipment that has NICE turned off or restricted.  I looked into using the DECnet MIB to get information out of Cisco routers but that didn't seem to be practical.

If a Cisco router is visible from a compliant router, it should appear.  But if you have a Cisco router behind another one, the behind one won't be mapped unless there is another router in the same area, one that does speak NICE, so it's seen as reachable.

	paul