[HECnet] TOPS-10 D-Day, DECnet failure on November 9th is less than six days away

Trevor Heartfield trevor.heartfield at heartfield.co.uk
Sat Nov 6 04:11:55 PDT 2021

Hey Guys,
I wouldn't give up on TOPS-10 just yet. I've recently been playing around with it quite a lot. It was the first real OS I used back in my school days (and I just retired so it was a looong time ago).

I have a fully loaded TOPS-10 7.04 KL system running here and it has DECNet installed. I'm also building one of Rob Doyle's FPGA KS10 machines.

I'm currently trying to get LAT working on TOPS-10. It's definitely borked in the release I have but there's probably a patch for it. If anyone has it working, I'd be grateful for information.

I have several real VAXes, a PDP11/83 and an HP Integrity running most of the time. They can talk to HECNet but they aren't in the node database yet. I'll be sending their details to Johnny in the near future.

I'm grateful to the guys who posted the patch for the Nov 9th bug - I'll be trying it today.

Once the machines are registered, I'll drop a line here. All are welcome to come and play 😊

Trev.