[HECnet] Area 22 online again

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Nov 7 04:56:03 PST 2021

On 2021-11-07 13:08, Mark Darvill wrote:
> After an extended period moving systems from one end of my house to the other, I have got Area 22 back online again today.
>
> I have updated the tunnels to point to all of the definitions in Brian's latest router config update. Are there any others that I should be peering to?

Not sure what you have setup right now, but obviously something could be
improved:

.ddb mim
(Using local interface)
Node:     MIM
Address:  1.13
Owner:    Johnny Billquist
OS:       RSX-11M-PLUS V4.6
CPU:      PDP-11/74 (e11)
Created:  12 Nov 2011 12:00:00
Modified: 02 May 2020 19:45:49
Loc:      Uppsala, Sweden
Coord:    59.858612,17.638744

.ncp sho nod a22rtr

Node summary as of 7-NOV-21 13:53:43

Remote                       Active                      Next
Node            State        Links   Delay  Circuit      Node

22.1023 (A22RTR)                                         41.1 (PYTHON)

.ddb a22rtr
(Using local interface)
Node:     A22RTR
Address:  22.1023
Owner:    Mark Darvill
OS:
CPU:      DECrouter 90
Created:  31 Aug 2015 15:47:52
Modified: 04 Jan 2021 11:50:40
Loc:      Marnhull, Dorset, UK
Coord:    50.967499,-2.311900

.ddb python
(Using local interface)
Node:     PYTHON
Address:  41.1
Owner:    Paul Koning
OS:       Linux
CPU:      x86
Created:  02 Jul 2019 23:49:28
Modified: 02 May 2020 19:45:49
Loc:      New Boston, NH, USA
Coord:    42.936813,-71.669525

Or put another way:
Communication from MIM (Sweden) to A22RTR (UK) currently pass over
PYTHON (USA). Seems suboptimal. :-D

But there is GRE and Cisco involved here, so it's hard to tell what the
setup and what the hops actually are in the end.