[HECnet] Is this the most up to date version of DECnet OS numbers?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Nov 7 09:06:39 PST 2021

>I think DECnet/8 is for RTS-8, but there never was one for OS-8.

  Yes, the DECnet-8 was for RTS although you could run OS/8 as a task under
RTS (so maybe those two count as the same).  In any case AFAIK there was
never any NFT or FAL or remote terminal or NCP/NML or anything else like
that implemented for DECnet/8.  It was more of a toolkit kind of thing where
you could write your own RTS program to make a DECnet connection to another
node.  What you sent over that connection was your problem.

  Never heard of DECnet for CP/M although there certainly was one for MSDOS.
Linux is interesting, although I doubt that was put there by DEC.  Probably
somebody added it later.

  And what the heck is COPOS/11??  I see that is says TOPS-20 front end, but
I thought TOPS20 used the same RSX20F as TOPS10.

  And DTF/MVS?  Is that the IBM OS MVS?

Bob