[HECnet] Is this the most up to date version of DECnet OS numbers?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Nov 7 12:22:47 PST 2021

On 2021-11-07 15:55, Paul Koning wrote:
> I never heard of an attempt in DECnet to keep a single list of OS code numbers, but interestingly enough the ones I can find are MOSTLY the same.  There's one in the old remote terminal protocol, another one in the foundation layer of Cterm, yet another in DAP.   Mostly they match, although interestingly enough one of them has OS/8 and RTS/8 swapped around.  Not that this matters much...

I've never seen an official list, but the fact that pretty much the same
list appears in several protocols/tools suggest that there was some kind
of agreed on list.

And yes, I found one where RTS-8 and OS/8 were swapped as well. But
since I think neither every had any implementation that was relevant
here, I suspect it ended up more as a token value to have a complete
list, but no implementation ever claimed them.

   Johnny