[HECnet] Is this the most up to date version of DECnet OS numbers?

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:55:09 PST 2021

I have heard of three 'standard' (I.E., DEC supported) front ends for
the 20,

 1. RSX-20F for the terminals and KL management,
 2. MCB for DECnet and
 3. DN60 for IBM RJE workstations (which I maintained at Columbia.

I do know of some hacked front ends:

 1. Case Western had a second front end running terminals (that's right
    two front ends with DH11's).  How they got that many users signed on
    without the system melting into a puddle of bits is beyond me.
 2. MIT Chaos on a KL uses a DN20 for the Ethernet communications (an NI
    not being available at the time)

I never heard of COPOS/11, either but I don't get out much... Anybody else?