[HECnet] TOPS-10 D-Day, DECnet failure on November 9th is less than six days away

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:03:19 PST 2021

Ugh, th/e/ larger ones /all/ made a racket, even an 11/05 in a rack.  An
11/40 really did, particularly did because you had sit close to it to
use the GT40.  I don't remember an 8/E being that bad.

But 10's and 20's?  Ouch.  The machine room at Marlboro that I used had
a pile of KL's, KI's and a KA in it.  2116, 2012, 2136, 1031 come to
mind, but there had to be three times that list. What a racket.

Columbia was even worse because it was more cramped and /arctic/. One
3rd shift operator worked with a quilted hunting vest and shooting muffs
enclosing his ears.