[HECnet] DEfining HECnet node names on TOPS-10

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Nov 15 16:13:56 PST 2021

  The RETURN depends on how Thomas is structuring his command files, but if
it makes him happy then leave it.  It's ignored by the NODNAM program.

  I agree with Supratim that I'd prefer sorted by address, but it hardly
matters (and the NODNAM program doesn't care at all).  The main reason I
like it sorted by address is because I occasionally cut out a subset (e.g.
all the area 2 nodes) for testing, and that's impossible when sorted by
name.

  Meta-X sort-lines-region (or sort-lines-buffer) goes a long way though,
although since you don't put leading zeros or spaces on the area number
sorting lexically produces some unexpected orderings.

Bob