[HECnet] ANF10 network

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 08:56:33 PST 2021

So does ANF10 do routing?

DECnet had real routing with Phase III (1982).  It had sort-of-routing in limited cases with Phase II "intercept", but realistically that was a one-hop network, with an extra sort-of-hop to get across the 10/20 system's front end.

Meanwhile, Typeset-11 had routing (Phase III style) in 1978, that was an entirely unrelated design not using any DECnet bits at all.

	paul