[HECnet] ANF10 network

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Nov 16 12:19:59 PST 2021

>One of the cool things is that you can do "set host" without logging in, so
>it looked like a "cloud" with terminal lines and a bunch of hosts you could chose from.

  I noticed that, and if you do a SET HOST when you are logged in your original job becomes detached.  The remote terminal thing is being done inside the monitor without running any program.

  You're also supposed to be able to use remote devices (printers, card readers, tape drives) as if they are local.  Not sure what it takes to make that work.

Bob