[HECnet] PyDECnet setup

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Nov 17 09:07:58 PST 2021

On 2021-11-17 18:05, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>>I have done a bit of work to allow "change" type NICE requests, starting
> with the "zero counters" request.  That isn't done yet.
>
>    Personally,  I’d love to see that.  I’d also especially like to be
> able to turn individual circuits on and off via NICE and maybe even
> reload the entire pyDECnet config file.  That’d make testing and
> changing things a lot easier.

Reloading the whole config is trickier, since there isn't any defined
codes/commands in NICE for it. So it would be some local extension, not
available from any other type of system.

That said, having PyDECnet able to get node definitions from another
node would be a great extension, so that it wouldn't have to be
restarted for this reason.

You just need some way of triggering it as well...