[HECnet] PyDECnet setup

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 10:32:36 PST 2021

> On Nov 18, 2021, at 1:24 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
> Nowadays? Unix have lost its soul anyway... It's all Linux, ...

There's a lot of truth to that, but several of the BSDs are still alive.  I built a very successful product on NetBSD some years ago.  And some of the people I work with build storage systems layered on top of FreeBSD.

A while back I tried NetBSD on my BeagleBone.  It worked well enough except that the frame buffer code had trouble with full resolution displays.  So there definitely are options, if you want them.

Come to think of it, one of the targets that NetBSD supports to this day is VAX.

	paul