[HECnet] PyDECnet setup

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Nov 19 06:11:12 PST 2021

> On Nov 19, 2021, at 9:05 AM, David Moylan <djm at wiz.net.au> wrote:
>
> It would be nice to see a CLI (which itself could just be a python script that communicates via the API).
> Or have pyDECnet so it can fire up interactively and once loaded would dump you at a CLI prompt.
>
> I guess I'm thinking of this more like a traditional router, so that interactive (and maybe even config changes) could be performed in this fashion.

I like that idea.  It amounts to a sample program, extended a bit to be fully useable as a tool in its own right.  The existing sample MOP console client is a limited example of what you're talking about.

I suppose another way to achieve roughly the same benefits would be an NCP (that hooks up to a to-be-created PyDECnet session layer API).

	paul