[HECnet] ANF10 network --> DN200 (RJE, Decnet) --> should be Ddcmp --> MarkP

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Fri Nov 19 12:52:52 PST 2021

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 12:33 PM, Reindert wrote:
> I updated the remark by Bob with this in my update and could not find that
> back in your copy of the mail transcript:
>
> Before I get a storm this from Pdp11_dup.c should accompany it:
>
>    The wire protocol implemented is native DDCMP WITHOUT the DDCMP
> SYNC
>    characters both initially and between DDCMP packets.

I still don't understand your problem.  The wire protocol is PACKETS, NOT bytes.
The packets are transported over either UDP (as UDP packets) OR via TCP with
a 2 byte packet header indicating the data length.  Any packet length is NOT
presented across the simulator<->pdp11_dup device, just the data.  On transmit
any interpacket bytes that are the DDCMP_SYNC character are stripped BEFORE
the packet data is presented to UDP or TCP for outbound delivery.

- Mark