[HECnet] VMS progtram for real tape -> TAP --> VMS copying through clustering --> tenvax rtc

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Nov 19 16:57:53 PST 2021

>Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se>
>If this was RSX, I could certainly help in more ways, but my VMS-fu is
>very rusty.

  Thanks, but Mark's VMSTPCE hack works perfectly.  I read one tape to a disk file on a real VAX with a real tape drive, then moved that file to a simulated VAX and wrote it back to a simulated tape drive.  Then I moved the TAP file to simh TOPS10 and tried reading it.  Works great.   A bit tedious, but it does the job.

Bob