[HECnet] Support Update [Was: *** Very important information ***]

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Nov 23 09:38:31 PST 2021

On 11/23/21 12:10 PM, Fred wrote:
>>  Contrary to an opinion that seems to be circulating around the net
>> that it's in my garage or something, LSSM is a real brick-and-mortar
>> public 501(c)(3) nonprofit museum, in a non-shared commercial
>> storefront building in
>
> Not to derail things further, but .... WTF?
>
> The folks that think it's in your garage have obviously never visited.

   To be fair, I think it stems from people not learning what I/we have
actually done.  For nearly 40 years I've been known as the guy with his
house full of PDP-8/PDP-11/VAX/Cray computers.

   And we live in a world in which every nerd "has a computer museum",
which, more often than not, is a 486 box in a spare bedroom, or just a
web page with pictures of old computers.

   So, people who haven't followed my efforts over the past decade, or
haven't paid attention to any of the announcements, naturally assume
that it's all still just me, and it's all in my house.

> I'll leave my other comments for a not-so-public arena. :)

   Good ones I hope! ;)