[HECnet] req for assistance: is snmp blocked for some / all ? does it work?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 09:04:24 PST 2021

It seems to work for a lot of people, but unfortunately not for me.  It seems that Comcast filters these, which of course makes no sense but then again a lot of ISPs aren't very smart.  The unfortunate drawback is that this means I can't use MIB access to supplement the NICE data the mapper uses.

Maybe the solution is to use some proxy server.

	paul