[HECnet] req for assistance: is snmp blocked for some / all ? does it work?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 09:20:07 PST 2021

Mine is residential service, that seems to explain the difference.

I just found a Comcast document that confirms port 161 is blocked.  If I can get proxies for interesting Cisco HECnet routers I can consider adding mapper support for that.  I just found a trivial UDP proxy (to a single destination): https://github.com/EtiennePerot/misc-scripts/blob/master/udp-relay.py -- something a bit more complex could allow talking to several destinations, but this one may be good enough.

	paul