[HECnet] Back on HECNET!

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Fri Oct 1 13:51:22 PDT 2021

On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 at 23:27, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:

> > On Oct 1, 2021, at 4:00 AM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:
> >
> > Man I wish we weren't on the Amber list. Such a hassle to travel there
> right now.
> >
> > I should get simh fired up on the NUC. I'm thinking something PDP-11 and
> then maybe..... RSX? I don't even know what I'd want to run.
> >
> > Does the PDP-11 stuff properly do idle? The NUC is pretty powerful, why
> not run several PDP-11s? :-D
>
> Yes for RSTS, I don't remember RSX, and I don't think so for RT11.
>
>         paul

For RSX, RSTS using the latest SIMH 4.0 from GitHub

   set cpu idle

and when I run RT-11 I use

   set cpu noidle
   set throttle 10%

I run instances of SIMH pdp11 to run nodes RUSTY (RSX11M-Plus V4.6), DINGO
(RSTS/E V10.1) plus a vax780 instance EMU and the pydecnet router TNRTR on
a single RaspberryPi 3B.  A good way to have such systems online all the
time with low power consumption.

Tony
--
Tony Nicholson <tony.nicholson at computer.org>