[HECnet] Is MIM running?

David Moylan djm at wiz.net.au
Wed Oct 20 22:20:12 PDT 2021

It would be awesome to implement a "traceroute" equivalent on something :-)
I assume we'd have to allow node inspection from remote, but I'm sure people would be open for that.

I used to run a Cisco router for my area, but replaced it with pyDECnet as I wanted to mix both GRE and point-to-point tunnels.
pyDECnet ticked all the boxes and was simple to implement.

The one thing that I miss, however, is the simplicity of "ping decnet" in Cisco IOS. Right from the router I could see if something was up or down.
Now I have to jump onto one of my boxes and do an ncp loop node to confirm the same.

Would be nice to have the same implemented in pyDECnet, perhaps as a command line option, or via the web gui.

If nobody else has any equipment handy, I could setup a router again at home and do some captures.

Cheers, Wiz!!