[HECnet] KINET by KI Research - DECnet for numerous Unix flavors and OS/2?

Tim Sneddon tim at sneddon.id.au
Sun Jan 9 17:59:05 PST 2022

On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 at 06:02, Supratim Sanyal <supratim at riseup.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time there seems to have been a company called KI Research
> at Columbia, Maryland. Circa 1994 they had for sale something called
> KINET DNA which apparently was a user-mode DECnet stack available for
> numerous Unix flavors and OS/2 (maybe more operating systems). I came
> across the name looking for a DECnet implementation for HP-UX.
>
> Here's one of the threads from 1993 (!) that I am looking at:
> http://www.verycomputer.com/30_4d016ca71ca3072b_1.htm
>
> Does anyone here have pointers to some archive which might have
> distributions of KINET?

I tried looking around some time ago, even spending a bunch of time
trawling through archive.org.  However, it was to no avail.

I communicated with someone at KI in about 2001-2003, I cannot
remember their name and I would have to fire up another system to go
through my mail from that time (although I can if you would like). I was
trying to get access to the Linux version of their software. They spoke to
me about releasing the source code. I did try to reach them again, but
again to no avail.

Regards, Tim.