[HECnet] [Hecnet] HECnet mail list move

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jan 20 17:09:31 PST 2022

Ok. Since I'm a busy (and lazy) bum, this have taken way more time that
it should have.

But here it is. The HECnet mailing list is moving. It has to.
First of all, hats off, thanks, and apologies to Bob Armstrong and Dave
McGuire. They both offered to help move the mailing list, and put time
into it. Unfortunately, I've not had time to really work on it, and in
the end the people at Update also worked on migrating all other stuff
that was running there, which included various other mailing lists as
well, so the HECnet mailing list was more or less able to be moved
without any work on my part, except for some tweaks to settings.

So while much of Update is, for the time being, turned off, the mailing
list can live on.

The address do change, however. As you can see. The new address is:

hecnet at lists.dfupdate.se

This is now running under mailman, which do mean that there is a web
interface for people to control their subscriptions, as well as the
possibility of digests and archives going forward.

All current subscribers are already subscribed at the new address. If
anyone disagrees with that, they can unsubscribe, or let me know and
I'll unsubscribe them.

I'm sending this mail to both the old and new list, so everyone should
get two copies of this mail. If you are not, check possible spam boxes,
and let me know if I should investigate something on my side.

The web page for the list is:
https://lists.dfupdate.se/postorius/lists/hecnet.lists.dfupdate.se/
(I think I got that right, let me know otherwise)