Relearning Hope - Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer

Larry Robinson Lrobpoet at sonic.net
Mon Sep 28 23:25:17 PDT 2026


Relearning Hope
 
Inside me is a reservoir of hope. 
It has been backed up so long
by a dam of rationality and fear
it has almost forgotten 
it was once a river. 
It’s become slack and fecund
and way too still.
Once it moved freely, 
transforming everything it touched;
once it brought change
and nourishment and life.
Hope was never meant to be trapped,
to be tamed, commodified, it was always
meant to flow through. 
Ever since it became a workhorse, 
forced into service,
it’s lost its true power. 
But lately, each time I 
hear a story of someone else’s courage
to meet what is most frightening,
I feel a brick come out of the dam. 
And when I am brave myself,
I feel it inside me again, 
the rush, the push, the organic
wild current of hope. 

      - Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer



"Be joyful though you have considered all the facts."
    - Wendell Berry
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.sonic.net/pipermail/poetrylovers/attachments/20260929/8c19cfed/attachment.htm>


More information about the PoetryLovers mailing list