[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] Free Celtic music/coaching/jam every Tuesday night

Tane' Tachyon tachyon at tachyonlabs.com
Sun Sep 16 20:34:55 PDT 2007

This is from a flyer that was being handed out at today's slow
session -- I would totally go if I didn't have a piano class at the
same time, it sounds great! It's being put on by David Brewer of the
band Molly's Revenge.

CELTIC MUSIC NIGHT
at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
Every Tuesday night, 7 to 8:30 Pm Free and Open to the public.

You are invited! A weekly community gathering is held in the
sanctuary of St. Andrew Church in Aptos for people interested in
listening to and learning about the instruments and music of the
Celtic nations in a casual, fun, family environment. We would love for
you to become a part of it!

Each evening contains a presentation of music in the church sanctuary,
with related history and cultural context, question and answer, and
free coaching for people who are interested in learning Celtic
technique and tunes on an instrument. There is also an informal Celtic
music jam with refreshments open through out the evening held in the
reception hall next door.

Again, the evening is free and open to all ages and levels of
interest; so now is your chance to make Celtic culture a part of
daily life for your self, your family, and your friends as it is in
Europe. Hope to see you there!

Regions covered include: Scotland, Ireland, England, Wales, the Isle
of Man, Cornwall, Cape Breton, Brittany, Galicia, and Asturias. Side
trips may include the traditional music of other countries and
nations.

Instruments demonstrated include: Highland Bagpipes, Cauld wind
pipes, Uilleann pipes, Penny whistle, Irish flute, Mandolin, Guitar,
and Bodhran. Future guests will present various fiddle, harp, and
accordion traditions, as well as singing and dancing.

For more information, contact:
St. Andrew Church: (831) 688-4211 or David Brewer: (831) 239-0602
The church is located at: 9850 Monroe Avenue, Aptos, CA 95003 just
off Sequel.

Please visit our official music MySpace page to see what the evening
is like: WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SAINTANDREWCELTICMUSICNIGHT

More information about David Brewer at: wvvw.david-brewer.corn ,
www.davidbrewermusic.com www.myspace.com/davidbrewerceltic

maybe you could forward them a copy of this message so that they
could use the links at the bottom to subscribe to the mailing list if
they wanted.
--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon at tachyonlabs.com = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/