[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] Message from Lucas - possible new slow session location to try

Peter Koeneman peterk at cruzio.com
Sun Jul 27 13:09:33 PDT 2008

Hello,

I sometimes play fiddle at slow sessions in the area, most recently at
last week's session at the Britannia Arms in Aptos. This summer I have
volunteered to play music out at Wilder Ranch on Saturday afternoons,
which has been a fun and rewarding experience. As a school employee, I
will be starting back to work in a couple of weeks, and won't be playing
so much at Wilder after school starts in a couple weeks. I was wondering
if you know any fiddle players who may be interested in playing out at
Wilder on Saturdays. I usually play from 1-3 pm, but I'm sure the hours
would be flexible. This is a good chance for someone to play (or
practice) in front of others, but in a very low key manner. I usually
just stand under a tree or next to a building and play as park patrons
stroll past--it's more an experience of being part of the general
ambience, rather than being a "performer" in the literal sense, up on
stage in front of an audience.

If you know anyone who may be interested, please have them contact me or
they could call Wilder Ranch at 423-9703.

Thank you for your consideration of my proposal.

Peter Koeneman
662-3425