[Pollinator] pollinator curricula?

Rob Yaksich rangerrobnm at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 09:33:10 PDT 2005

Rob Yaksich
Rio Grande Nature Center State Park
Albuquerque, NM, USA

Hi all - I think this topic has been broached before,
but my feeble recollection is at it again.

I'd like to develop a travelling trunk program for
grades 3-5 that I can take around my vast chunk of NM.
In particular, I want to develop a standards-based
program on pollinators that would include me traveling
to schools, schools coming to my parks, and schools
creating pollinator habitats on their grounds.

So, any suggestions as to where to start? Any success
stories out there?  Anything to help a park ranger
with a biology background and not a formal education/
curriculum development-evaluation background create a
curriculum?

THANKS!

BTW, we had our annual Summer Wings Festival
yesterday, and many, many visitors toured through our
Mariposaville Pollinator Habitat. Made lots of
converts to native bees!!%^)

"Ranger" Rob Yaksich
NM State Parks, Region 1
c/o Rio Grande Nature Center State Park