[Pollinator] Killer bees nasty, but are they really losing some sting?

Jim Cane jcane at biology.usu.edu
Mon Aug 15 09:17:46 PDT 2005

Liz- I agree,  I'd want to read what the geneticists say about African
bees and genotype dynamics in California.  Hybridization was the hope
all along, and esp when African bees were invading northern Mexico.
Research showed that hybrid genotypes were transient, as they were at a
selective disadvantage and so were quickly displaced by purely African
genotypes in a few generations.  Or at least that is my recollection of
the story.

jim