[Pollinator] Bears Vs. Berries (and Pollinators?)

pkevan@uoguelph.ca pkevan at uoguelph.ca
Fri Aug 11 08:55:42 PDT 2006

Thank you for bringing this interesting story to our attention.  It
does seem that the policy is to remove horticultural and ornamental
berry producing plants from the urban part of Whistler.  The situation
described in the article seems not to have much to do with the
surrounding and more or less natural landscape.

The issue of of bears and berries is so well known that one wonders
about the IQ of the Whistler city planners and such personnel in
advocating the use of such planst for "beautification" of the
"wilderness" resort.

Peter