[Pollinator] 13th International Congress of Entomology - Please respond - Pollinator Session

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 08:14:07 PDT 2007

The 13th International Congress of Entomology will be held in Durban, South
Africa during 6-11 July 2008. The Congress will include two pollination
symposia (see www.ice2008.org.za). This call for participants is only for Section 6
ECOLOGY : Pollinators in full bloom. The organizers are: Carolin Mayer
line.mayer at gmx.de & Connal Eardley eardleyc at arc.agric.za.

The symposium structure is one three hours session with 25 minutes for a key
note address (to be delivered by Steve Johnson) and ten 15 minute
presentations. Our aim is to have presentations that are generalized and appealing to a
wide spectrum of participants on pollination and pollinators, interesting to
scientists who are not skilled in pollination biology, informative on
international collaborative activities, and advertise an attractive and interesting field
of research for young scientists. Unfortunately we're stringently limited to
10 presentations, so we will have to be selective. I do believe that there
will be ample place for posters.

Please indicate whether you would like to give a presentation or poster and a
short abstract to help us select before 31 August 16:00 South African time.
Late applications will be considered if those who respond after August are
unable to make it. If you need a letter of invitation to help raise the funds this
can be provided. The Congress will not be able to contribute towards your
costs.

For information about the second pollination symposim on The Pollinator
Crisis: Native bees in Native Habitats and Agricultural Landscapes under Section
15. CONSERVATION, BIODIVERSITY & CLIMATE CHANGE, please contact SujayaRao
sujaya at oregonstate.edu

Best wishes
Carolin & Connal

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive Director
Coeovlution Institute
425 Washington Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
415 362 1137 (p)
415 362 3070 (f)
LDA at coevolution.org
www.coevolution.org
www.nappc.org
www.pollinator.org

Join the Pollinator Partnership working to protect agriculture and ecosystems
- visit www.pollinator.org