[Pollinator] ICE Pollination Symposium

Jennifer Tsang jt at coevolution.org
Wed Jul 25 09:18:42 PDT 2007

Thanks to Connal Eardley for the below (also attached):

The 13th International Congress of Entomology will be held in Durban, South
Africa during 6-11 July 2008. The Congress will include two pollination
symposia (see www.ice2008.org.za). This call for participants is only for
Section 6 ECOLOGY: Pollinators in full bloom. The organizers are: Carolin
Mayer line.mayer at gmx.de & Connal Eardley eardleyc at arc.agric.za.

The symposium structure is one three hours session with 25 minutes for a key
note address (to be delivered by Steve Johnson) and ten 15 minute
presentations. Our aim is to have presentations that are generalized and
appealing to a wide spectrum of participants on pollination and pollinators,
interesting to scientists who are not skilled in pollination biology,
informative on international collaborative activities, and advertise an
attractive and interesting field of research for young scientists.
Unfortunately we're stringently limited to 10 presentations, so we will have
to be selective. I do believe that there will be ample place for posters.

Please indicate whether you would like to give a presentation or poster and
a short abstract to help us select before 31 August 16:00 South African
time. Late applications will be considered if those who respond after August
are unable to make it. If you need a letter of invitation to help raise the
funds this can be provided. The Congress will not be able to contribute
towards your costs.

For information about the second pollination symposium on The Pollinator
Crisis: Native bees in Native Habitats and Agricultural Landscapes under
Section 15. CONSERVATION, BIODIVERSITY & CLIMATE CHANGE, please contact
SujayaRao sujaya at oregonstate.edu

Best wishes
Carolin & Connal